The immediate and long term
a result of abuse.
M1 & D1
Why do we ought to spot the signs?
• Help and protect the service users
• Stick to the correct legislations – Equality and
Variety Act, Human being Rights Take action and The Treatment
• The actual Care Worth Base
• Follow specialist bodies rules of practice
• Stick to codes of conduct, guidelines and
types of procedures in a health insurance and social proper care setting
• Measure the likely instant effects of two
different kinds of abuse within the health and
wellness of adults.
• It is advisable to consider what results instantly
comply with two various kinds of abuse to get
example; physical abuse may well affect the adult
by bumps and breaking them. Also explain
how a abuse may affect the health and
wellbeing of adult.
• Consider – Physical - fracture
• Could the injury effect them carrying out everyday items?
(e. g. fracture calf would trigger isolation)
• Could it lead to additional health issues? (Bed sores)
• Does it effect how they as well as act to others?
(Depression and low self esteem)
• Would we see within these person as a health
worker and what? (Body language, despression symptoms and
• Evaluate the potential long-term associated with
these two types of mistreatment on the health and
well-being of adults.
• You need to consider what effects can concern
the adult in the long-term, one example is; sexual
misuse can lead to the adult sense
shame or perhaps fear of revealing the episode
and having long-term anxiousness,
depression and fear of certain people.
• Exactly what the long term effects of misuse? (Included
enduring injuries as well lasting thoughts and feelings about
• Would the individual being mistreated report this? if certainly not why not? (shame, scared, cultural isolation).
• Should we all report this if we notice it and why? (CVB, Whistle
blowing and professional code of practice).
• And what will be the positives effects of reporting this? (The person being mistreated and other support users).
• Why is it important that it gets reported and what will
happen if it does not get reported?
Examples of mistreatment
Seniors care in Sandwell
Meera Syal case study
Amy Winehouse – Home harm through Drugs
• Rihanna and Chris Dark brown – Household abuse
• Hollyoakes – Patrick and Maxine
• Eastenders -- Little Mo